Chester has a little bit of everything to make it a fantastic place for tourists to visit, including the oldest racecourse in the world according to last year’s Guinness World Records. This is an unmissable venue that horse racing fans just have to visit at one point in their lives.
Every year the Chester Racecourse, also known as the Roodee, plays host to the Chester Races. The Chester Races consists of 15 racing fixtures during the summer months. The 2020 season begins in May with the Boodles May Festival which is set to take place just before the May Bank Holiday. The fixtures include special days such as Ladies Day, Roman Day, Summer Saturday and Family Funday, before the season concludes at the end of September.
Do these races sound like something you would like to experience? Our boutique hotel in Chester is one of the finest venues you can choose. We look forward to welcoming you for the races!
Prepare your visit with the following fixtures for the 2020 Chester Races.
Chester Races 2020 Fixtures
- City Day – 5 May 2020
- Ladies Day – 6 May 2020
- Tote Chester Cup Day – 7 May 2020
- Roman Day – 23 May 2020
- Summer Saturday – 13 June 2020
- Ladies Evening – 26 June 2020
- Summer Festival – 27 June 2020
- Ladies & Gents Evening – 10 July 2020
- City Plate Day – 11 July 2020
- Midsummer Meeting – 25 July 2020
- Family Funday – 2 August 2020
- Ladies Day – 22 August 2020
- Autumn Festival – 11 September 2020
- Autumn Festival – 12 September 2020
- Season Finale – 26 September 2020
The Chester Townhouse is only a 10 minute walk from the race track entrance.