The Townhouse Hotel accessibility
The Townhouse Hotel welcomes people with disabilities and has developed the access statement to address some of the more common issues that disabled people face.
Recognition has been given to include guests with an impairment, which could include mobility, sight, hearing, learning disabilities or any hidden impairment. The Townhouse Hotel aims to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use the hotel are treated equally and according to their needs.
For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01244 579 300 or by email email@example.com
- The hotel is located on Lower Bridge Street Chester.
- There is a coach and car drop off / pick up point at the front of the hotel
- The nearest rail station is Chester with wheelchair access from all routes
- There is coach drop off point for National Express approximately 20 minutes’ walk from the hotel
- Guide dogs are allowed in all the rooms, we do also allow dogs in the Annex
ARRIVAL & CAR PARKING FACILITIES
- Please note car parking is chargeable. Overnight stay for residents is £12.50 per night.
- The hotel’s main entrance is on Lower Bridge Street, the hotel has nine steps up to the front door
- The hotel has overnight car parking in St Olave Street, a small cobbled road.
- At the top on the left hand side you will see a barrier, if you call the hotel on 01244 567 300 someone will come and open the barrier for you.
- The car park is paved and entrance to the main hotel via the car park is on one level.
MAIN ENTRANCE & RECEPTION
- The main entrance is on Lower Bridge Street with nine steps up to the front door
- Reception is located on the ground floor
- The registration card can be enlarged if required
- The main restaurant and bar are located on the ground floor adjacent to reception
- The flooring throughout the reception area is laminated flooring
- There is a number of low level seating and also upright chairs throughout the lounge and bar
- For assistance with phone calls, please ask at reception
- The gentleman’s toilet is located on the ground floor, with three steps from the bar and restaurant
- The ladies’ toilet is located on the ground floor, with three steps from the bar and restaurant
- The flooring in all toilets is non-slip vinyl
PUBLIC AREAS, DINING ROOM & BAR
- The restaurant is located on the ground floor adjacent to the reception desk
- The bar is located on the ground floor adjacent to the reception desk
- The restaurant and bar floor surface is laminated flooring
- Restaurant tables and chairs can be moved
- Restaurant has armless chairs, tables have a central support
- Lighting levels in the reception, bar and restaurant is generally lower in the evenings
- Menus can be enlarged on request
- A portable induction loop is available
- Restaurant meals can be served in bedrooms on request
- The bar is located within the restaurant on the ground floor
- The bar has tall stools directly in front to one side
- Full table service is available within the bar / restaurant
- The bar floor is laminated flooring
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements on booking
Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered. Bags are available in bedroom drawers and can be collected from your room if informed prior to 9am each day and returned by 6pm.
There is no shop within the hotel. Newspapers can be ordered via reception.
Essential toiletries are available via reception
A small newsagents is located three doors up on your left as you walk out the main entrance.
A Tesco Express is located four minutes’ walk from the hotel; walk up Lower Bridge Street to the top and turn right onto Pepper Street.
We don’t have any leisure facilities on site
Our secret garden at the back of the hotel is on a raised area and is accessible via a ramp
CONFERENCE, MEETING ROOMS & BANQUETING
- A small meeting room is located on the ground floor with three steps from the bar and restaurant
- Access can be made from a private front entrance with four steps
- The room has short pile carpet
BEDROOMS & SLEEPING AREAS
- Bedrooms are found in the main Townhouse and the Annex at the rear of the hotel
- The Townhouse has 20 steps to the first floor accommodation, a further 29 steps to the second floor accommodation and 20 steps to the top floor
- The Annex is at the rear of the hotel and is accessible through the car park, with one small step into the building, some rooms are located at this ground floor level with further rooms on the first floor which is accessible via 20 steps.
- Flooring in the bedroom is short pile carpet
- Hypo allergenic bedding and feather pillows are available on request
- All bedrooms are non-smoking
- TVs provide subtitles
- All bathrooms have walk in shower cubicles which have a step into them
- All bathrooms are en-suite
- Flooring in the bathroom is non slip vinyl
- Height of toilet 16”
- Height of sink 36”
A “recognised Assistance Dog” is one which has been specifically trained to assist a disabled person and which has been qualified by one of the charitable organisations registered as members of Assistance Dogs UK. (Canine Partners, DOG A.I.D, Dogs for the disabled, Hearing dogs for deaf people, Support dogs for guide dogs and medical detection dogs).
Dogs which we accept within the hotel:
Assistance Dogs used for fetching and carrying people with manipulative and ambulatory impairments
Support dogs for stress and anxiety
Guide dogs for visually impaired and blind people
Hearing dogs used by low hearing and deaf people
Bowls and beds can be provided for assistance dogs, please specify on booking
If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or concierge. The duty manager can also be contacted by dialling 01244 567 300
We have a set evacuation procedure. The alarm signal is a continuous siren. In the event of a fire alarm please make your way out of your room and a member of the team will come to assist you.
All front of house staff have regular training
There is a good level of mobile phone coverage throughout the hotel on all networks
The Townhouse Hotel
49-51 Lower Bridge Street
Telephone: 01244 567 300
Hours of operation: 24 Hours, 365 days
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01244 567 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call us today on: 01244 567 300